Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Unwell...


Me as a patient:
I've not been feeling great for the past one week. My cough, which I have been having for almost 3 weeks now, has gone worst such that it has become a productive one, yellow greenish phlegm but no blood. I've been feeling nauseous and vomiting after every coughing episodes. Today, for once, I feel dehydrated. And to make things worst, I got gastric some more after all that vomiting. Didn't think the coughing will go this bad. Could it be the weather? A doctor, who was once my lecturer, told me that it might be a mild asthma...:S erks, my asthma is back? No fever what-so-ever neither do i'm in pain.

Me as a medical student, analysing:
  • Main Presenting Complain - 1) coughing episodes 2) Vomiting
  • Onset - 3/52
  • Character - productive (1/52) with yellow green sputum, no hemoptysis
  • Radiation - no chest pain
  • Associated Symptoms - 1) Nausea & Vomiting 2) Gastric pain
  • Timing - on and off
  • Exacerbating Factors - Worst on exertion, at nights, early morning and on exposure to very cold weather
  • Relieving Factors - Didn't take anything to relieve, cough relieves on resting
  • Severity - it affects my sleep
History of PC
  • No previous hx of similar complain
  • 4 weeks ago - Had sorethroat, cold and mild fever that last for a week
Further History
  • Vomiting - no blood, vomitus of previous meal, variable amount depending on severity of coughing episodes
  • Gastric - usually happens after the coughing fit and vomiting episodes, of moderate severity, still able to walk and do work
  • No sore throat, chest pain, hemoptysis, no fever
Medical History
  • Previous hx of asthma since child, resolves as I age
  • Hormonal Imbalance disorder
  • No allergies except to prawns :(
Past Surgical History
  • No previous operation
Drug History
  • Didn't take anything for the cough or other symptoms
  • No drug allergies
  • On hormonal therapy
Family History
  • FH of DM, HTN, Asthma, Eczema
Social History
  • Doesn't smoke or drink
  • No pet
  • Cough has been affecting my sleep, sometime disturbing what I was doing
ICE
  • Ideas - Thinks it's mild asthma triggered by the cold weather, and the vomiting episodes could be due to gastric pain which can be worsened by the coughing fit
  • Concern - fear that it might be more than just asthma and if it is asthma, hope it won't be serious
  • Expectation - that it will soon be gone, and i know, i have to get anti-tussives meds
Soo..if there's any medical student, jnrs, snrs, doctors, anyone who can help me hypothesise and diagnose my problem, please do leave me a comment/msg yea :D

I shall now get some rest~

No comments:

Loves...

Grab me!

Photobucket

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP