Thursday, January 08, 2009

Its a BRAND NEW YEAR!!!

Hello peeps~

Its 2009!!! Another brand new year to begin a new start in life. 2008 has been a year of ups and down, a rollercoster journey ride for me.

Beginning of the year 08 was really painful for me. Hectic life as well. Remember me organising the Charity Evening, spending my December holidays, hunting for sponsors all over Brunei, driving all the way to KB, working my ass of days and nites just to make the Charity Evening come to live. It did and it was a wonderful ride indeed.

With Charity Evening over, i had my last semester in IM. Leaving IM was a hard one, who would have guessed the 3 years in IM would bring sooo many sweet memories.

Then, my summer holiday, the remaining of my days in Brunei before i fly off to Glasgow. It was a bittersweet memories. I remember going back and forth to hospital to visit grandma @ SICC, sleeping over at the not so comfy bench outside with my cousin, photoshopping and learning to digital scrap from my mentor cuz Khal, running a blog..it was exhausting but nevertheless memorable and surprisingly fun.

Then i lost my grandpa, whom I love dearly and unconditionally. I would never forget that moment when i lost him.

You would have thought losing someone you love is hard, but it is even harder to leave someone behind for a long time. I vividly remember, giving my last visit to granny who was still in the hospital, it still breaks my heart just to mention it. For the first time in my 23 years of life, I had to leave my family behind in Brunei, so i could continue my studies. Sacrifices they say, and its a hard one for me. I'm grateful to have such a wonderful suportive loving family, they might not be perfect, but they are to me in every way. They made me who I am today.

Setting my first baby steps in a foreign country was a hard one too. Adjusting to the new culture, new weather, new family, new surrounding were all so overwhelming. One could just crash and failed to adapt. How grateful I am to have good friends whom i considered to be my new family now, Edah and Syukri. We believe our group dynamics are the best among the rest because we believe we are just like siblings. Celebrating Raya without parents was among the hardest thing I ever imagined. Thank god to the new tech.

3 months studying in my new Glasgow Uni was not that bad either. Eventhough it was hard to accept changes, but i'm adapting and getting used to it. I met new friends. Learn to be independent. Gain new experiences.

Now here I am, reminiscing the good old days of 2008. It was a bittersweet journey.

A good friend ever told me and i quote "Learn to love the life u live and learn to live the life you love". I learnt now :)

No comments:

Loves...

Grab me!

Photobucket

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP