Saturday, September 06, 2008

Special Edition: 1st Sungkai @ home


AGENDA

Happy Agenda #1 
Ahaks. Today...just like my birthday, is a special day for me :D (grinning widely like a cute grinning idiot). Definitely want to post about it, but I know it will definitely caught everyone's attention if I do. So, ill keep shhhh about it first until the time is right ;D

Happy Agenda #2
I can cook!!! Ahaks. Mum gave a crash course in cooking lessons. When I say "crash course" - banar-banar crash pacah course nya. LOL. Wanna know why? Ok, so since the fasting month started, we haven't had our sungkai at home yet because the hassles of preparing the food and cooking and washing the dishes. Me family have always have our sungkai outside anyway. But today, we decided to sungkai at home as everyone's tired to dress up to go out. Usually around noon when mum comes back from school, the norm is me "assisting" mum doing laundry. My mum decided to kill 2 birds with one stone - doing the laundry and cooking at the same time. 

1st Menu - Curry Chicken
So there I was in the kitchen, learning the first menu, my mum famous curry chicken. I helped with the stirring with mum by my side giving me quick points here and there while she prepared the ingredients.

2nd Menu- Mee Goreng
This time, I was instructed to prepare the ingredients myself- cutting the onions, garlic and the veg. I survived. Owh just so you know, we're still doing the laundry. This involves me checking on the clothes and hanging them dry while waiting for the noodles. I am so happy when mum asked me to cook (or fry is it?) the noodle - my definition of cooking btw involves me preparing the stuffs, putting them into the frying pan/belanga/whatever it is, stirring it until cooked. So I COOKED / FRY THE NOODLE!!! Ada plang mama tolong masuk kan garam itu ini :P

3rd Menu- The Vegetable, "Sawi Tumis" (Mama, 2008)
Duhhh! If I cook/fry the noodle, I made this one too!!! :D Of course, mama masih ada by my side, to supervise me (chewah). Owh ya, by this time, abis dah laundry :D. 

CONCLUSION
So, today, I realised that I CAN COOK! Another thing I learn other than cooking today's menu is that it is EXTREMELY LONG and TIRING. Now I understand why mum ngalih. I "feel" her. I really do. Sorry, I didn't get to take pictures of me cooking - was so caught up with the excitement of acknowledging my ability to cook and the laundry business. Plus, I was hideous that time.

Mmbah, atu ja dulu aaaah....


No comments:

Loves...

Grab me!

Photobucket

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP