Saturday, February 21, 2009

Victoria oh Victoria~

Victoria Infirmary

I've been posted to a new hospital for block 14 and 15. I was in Inverclyde for the past 10 weeks and it's such a pain in the arse really to travel the long way just to go for pbl, if we happen not to have clinical practice in the morning. I mean I don't mind if we're gonna travel that long way if we're having a really good productive pbl, but most of the time they really sucks - ppl here couldn't be bothered to brainstorm and when they do explain the pathology/pathogenesis/etc, they explain it like as if we're still in 6th form! What screwed about the PBL here is that the students already know what PBL they're covering so when it comes to hypothesising, they just blindly pull the trigger. All they think about is to get home as early as possible.

Ok, I'm in a crappy mood...just because I'm tired from hospital so excuse my french if they do appear somewhere in this post.

Victoria - started last Tuesday, have to travel by train now, no more free ride :(. Well, I kinda like the train ride now, except the part of getting to the station in time so I won't miss the early train. That part - is a pain in the bahooki (arse/ass in Scottish).


The nearest station to Victoria Infirmary

Victoria is rather a big hospital compared to inverclyde, not that far though. just 3 stations away from the Glasgow central. They're more organised, and the good thing is that say if we don't have any clinical teaching that particular day / no one turns up for us, then we could go to certain wards/departments where we at least could do something worthwhile. At least, I wouldn't be complaining of how worth it is to travel to the hospital. I like it so far.

My new PBL mates are nice too. I get along with most of them very well, compared to my old group. One/two are quite bitchy and dominative, but that's to be expected. Few seems to be frightened to talk to me, while the rest are just nice. No complain here.

Today, I had my friday PBL and I discovered that its not the same place where we go for Tuesday PBL. I was panicking last night, trying to get the map and directions on how to get there. It wasn't hard really, but the map makes it so complicated. I'm a really suck with maps. I've decided then to ask the ppl around, which I did, and it makes my life a whole lot easier. A good productive PBL as well I guess, not as up to standard as the one in IM, but better I supposed.

Mansionhouse Unit - My Friday PBL

Owh what's best about going to Victoria is that the train stops at the Pollokshield East Stn which is where we get our Halal Subway!!! Isn't that sweeet! Now I can just drop by anytime I feel like eating them :D

Victoria Victoria Victoria...what else.... I supposed that's all. It's too early to say anything. It's just my first week, haven't even started my clinical teaching yet, so yea, we'll see how it goes.

Cheers~

No comments:

Loves...

Grab me!

Photobucket

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP