Saturday, April 25, 2009

Medical Stuffs...

We have this project which I have to do after exam called Student Selected Component (SSC) which is more or less like this thing we did back in IM, Special Study Module (SSM). It is a 5-weeks research study where we get to do any research topic we want - for eg last time in my 2nd year, I did a research on Obesity Prevention Program in Primary Schools in Brunei. So we are allowed to do this SSC anywhere we want, Edah and Syuk are going to do theirs in Brunei while me, I've decided to do mine here, in Glasgow. Bukan inda mau balik or anything, but I thought it would be wiser for me to do this here, 'widening my horizon', plus I've done this before in Brunei, so why not in Glasgow. Anyhow, I'm going back to Brunei for my electives jua.

Decision made. I'm staying for another month to do this. Next is choosing the topic. Actually, I want to do something related to Obs and Gyne, self-proposed my own topic. Regretfully, I've been "busy" with other things, so I resort to choosing the modules the medical schools provided instead. My first option was Gynecological Cancer Research --> which I did get!!! Surprised and speechless I was, because I'm sure there were hundreds others who want this as well, but I got it. So I was happy and super duper excited you know with this news...but unfortunately, the good happy me died when I was told that the supervisor cancelled the module because they're having some dept and staff changes and hence weren't able to accomodate me! WAWAWAWA...To make things worst, my 2nd and 3rd options were cancelled too! WAWAWAWA...

Later on, I emailed the coordinator, asking for modules which are conducted in a hospital nearby. Seriously, I don't want to be doing a project which requires me to travel and commute long distance. If i've known this, I would have done this in Brunei inda ja? So there I was, emailing this Catherine lady, almost as if pleading to give me modules at nearby hospital. When i did got her email, she gave me this list of modules left available, and thank god...i mean really thank GOD I got few good options. So now, I've got everything sorted - I'll be doing something on Rheumatology and Connective Tissue Disease particularly Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). It's not that bad really...infact more organised than my former module. And good thing about it, I get to go to the hospital via shuttle bus - meaning its free!!! LOL.

Anyway, I know this one kinda boring to read but i thought it might be useful for those who are doing medicine as well. Afterall, my blog is called Farah's Anatomy and Physiology...so I'm sure ppl were expecting something medical out of this blog.

Bah eyh, gotta go. Need to go to library do my report :(

No comments:

Loves...

Grab me!

Photobucket

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP